Make the most of the late-season raspberries with this quick and easy recipe. These delicious muffins are perfect for school lunchboxes, workplace morning tea, when friends unexpectedly stop by or, possibly, to simply hoard and feast on at home over a few days.
You can substitute the raspberries for other berries, however it pays to be aware that larger berry varieties can make the final result too gooey and difficult to handle.
What you’ll need:
200g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
150g caster sugar
Pinch of salt
1 large egg
What you’ll need to do:
- Set your oven to bake at 200º.
- Grease up the muffin tray.
- Melt the butter then beat it together with the milk and egg in a large bowl.
- Pour in dry ingredients then mix well.
- Fold in raspberries.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Quality check one while warm after removal from oven.
- Perhaps try one more, just to be sure.
- One more? Why not!